Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Employee Thank You

Here at DMGCC, we have a very large number of employees, especially in the summer months. Last evening we had a mandatory staff event to get everyone on the same page and talking about what is important at a club. 

I have been at DMGCC  here at the club for over 22 years and it is sad to say that I do not know many of the other employees here at the club. This past winter we had a log milled and we took the time to make a very large charcuterie serving board for the culinary team. It was a fun project to do in the winter and I think they appreciated it at the time. 


 

Last evening Debra from that team came up to me after the meeting and told me how much that meant to them that we had made a charcuterie serving board for them. She then told me she was very happy for me that I was going to the United Kingdom this summer to work the Open Championship. She said when you go on trips you should have a souvenir before you go and you can get something while you are there. She then gave me this china dish from 1939 that commemorated the King and Queen visiting the United States and Canada. 


 

I have to say that I was deeply impressed on her thoughtfulness, especially from a fellow employee that I really did not know. It really taught me a lesson to pay attention to others because you might be making an impression on them. 

Thank you Debra!