Friday, March 10, 2023

20 year Anniversary - Jeff Kennicker

 Jeff Kennicker


I realized this morning that Jeff has been with DMGCC for 20 years this month! Quite an accomplishment for any employee of a club.

When I came back to the club in 2006 it was the first time I had met Jeff. He was a 2nd assistant on the North Course and he seemed a little uncomfortable in that role. I realized he was a very valuable person to have on staff and I told him we needed a good, full time spray technician. He said yes.

Jeff has a math degree from Iowa State, a Spanish degree and a turf degree. He is quite intelligent and when I write a spray program I always give it to him and his accuracy is 100%. He is not afraid to tell me my math is wrong. Just what we needed. 

When you see Jeff out on the golf course, just know that what he is doing is making DMGCC a better place to play. He applies a lot of our fungicides that protect the turf, he sprays weeds, and he applies fertilizers. He is a one of main cogs in our wheel.

Congrats Jeff on 20 years. I have enjoyed working with you.